Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 7 Refleciton


Week 7 reflection

Doing the gamer profile, I really felt it wasn’t accurate as I haven’t played enough games to answer the questions.  Anyway, here is my profile:


This week I spent some time going over the wiki pages of serious games that Vickie students made.  At first look, I preferred some to others simply because of the look of it..  After looking carefully, I could see how organization really played a part in which was a more useful site.  Consistency among the pages of each group made a difference to me.  This is what I focused on in several of my comments on the rating page.

I have chosen some games to evaluate, but haven’t started to evaluate them yet.  I hope to be able to work on that tonight and tomorrow night.   What a great excuse to try out some games!

I was happy to find some great resources on the blog posts of my classmates.  I have looked into Kagan Structures and the Splode site (game making site).  There were also some great websites shared on motivation. 

I talked with a couple people on the blogs about the Harry Potter example given in our text this week.  I like that many others found how kids  learn so much information because of the way they are learning a great example as well. 
It is all about motivation and interest.  Games are a great answer to both!


No comments:

Post a Comment