Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 2 Refleciton


Week 2 Reflection

I was struggling to come up with a list of what things are needed in a serious game. There are so many things that make a serious game good, but what is needed most?  To me, a game can be serious without many criteria being met, but there are some things that are definitely needed to even be considered a serious game.  It’s hard to limit it to those things.  In my blog and in our Wiki group, I discussed the very definition of a serious game- a game that has a purpose other than pure fun.  (It doesn’t mean it cannot be fun as well.)  I think that whatever that purpose is, will dictate what other criteria is needed. 

Reading others’ blogs has been very helpful in clarifying things for me.  I commented on the blogs that really helped me with some ideas.  Our Wiki group has been discussing this as well.  We have had good discussions about what to include and what not to include.   

I thought the Twitter session this week was beneficial as well in this discussion.  It was great to hear lots of different ideas as well as the arguments to back those ideas up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment